Prompt #10 Part II Ch. 5:
Thompson has a great style of writing. His style of writing keeps you hooked the whole time you are reading. There are different scenes in the novel that he describes that are so surreal that you can picture it in your mind and it comes alive.
"Christ I couldn't even walk! My whole body turned to wax. I was such a mess that they had to haul me back to the ranch house in a wheelbarrow...they said I was trying to talk, but I sounded like a raccoon." pg. 133
He also likes to use a lot of dialogue so that the reader understands what is going on and so that you also feel as though you are a part of the novel. His style of writing is very effective and makes me enjoy the book more and more as I read on. The loose plot of the novel allows the reader to fill in the blanks themselves and get their immaginations involved to develop a picture of what is happening in the novel.
Here is a video about his sense of style and how he was a "Gonzo Journalist"
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment